[r-t] Time to vote?

Don Morrison dfm at ringing.org
Thu Oct 23 12:25:50 UTC 2014

On Thu, Oct 23, 2014 at 7:45 AM, Ted Steele <teds.bells at tesco.net> wrote:
> I am really puzzled as to why the proposal to name rotations has attracted
> such support;

I believe what you may be missing is that those who support allowing
such naming are _not_ suggesting it be common, and believe bands will
typically not try to name things like snap start Superlative as a
separate method. Rather, they are concerned that it is being
completely forbidden, even for not yet imagined cases where it may
make more sense. I don't think anyone is arguing that you must name
rotations, just objecting to it being prohibited if it makes sense, as
I believe it does for New Grandsire, and probably for things
unattempted yet in tower or hand.

'The chief gift of nature, he said (never having starved),
is liberty.'            -- Will Durant, _The Renaissance_