[r-t] Time to vote?

Graham John graham at changeringing.co.uk
Thu Oct 23 17:05:30 UTC 2014

Ian wrote:

> Who cares if someone can name things in
> a silly way?  Someone might do it once
> just for kicks but it isn't likely to catch on.

I agree, but this is a fundamental change to the treatment of methods that
affects everyone as the Glasgow example I gave shows. People would
subsequently have the dilemma of deciding what they are ringing:
Glasgow-at-the-snap or Glasgow.

Going back to Ander's example, which is the only example we currently have
of restart that might warrant this change, it is worth considering whether
the changes of method are actually calls omitting changes (which as Ander
says are now accommodated in the decisions). Thinking generally about
restart, defining calls that omit sections of lead to take you to a new
rotation seems to be quite a sensible option. Composers/conductors can give
calls whatever names they like.

Graham