[r-t] Me

Don Morrison dfm at ringing.org
Mon Oct 27 22:18:28 UTC 2014

On Mon, Oct 27, 2014 at 5:19 PM, Mark Davies <mark at snowtiger.net> wrote:

> I'm not entirely sure why a method has to be "popular" to be worth listing
> in the libraries in a sensible way.

​It's also worth noting that a lot of methods that have only ever had one
airing (sometimes only as a few leads in a peal of spliced) get full
recognition, and recorded in a way that accords them the same respect as,
say, Bristol.  So it's not even "popular," it's just "meeting the desires
of those who made the rules."

I'm pretty sure some of those methods crammed into less respected corners
are better than many that are given full marks.

"After all these years I have observed that beauty, like happiness,
is frequent. A day does not pass when we are not, for an instant,
in paradise."
        -- Jorge Luis Borges, _Los Conjurados_, tr Willis Barnstone