[r-t] Out of Course Spliced S Minor

Andrew Johnson andrew_johnson at uk.ibm.com
Fri Sep 12 13:50:22 UTC 2014

> From: Alexander Holroyd <holroyd at math.ubc.ca>
> For now, here are a few examples of interesting out-of-course extents
(new
> so far as I know). The first one was rung in Bristol this week; this is
> possibly the first extent of spliced s minor from the 41 to include
> Norwich.
>
> -=14 bob;  $=1234 single;  #=1236 extreme
>
> No No-No-No Hu$Sa Sa-Sa Sa$Hu; 3-part
That's very neat.

I'm slightly surprised no one before tried splicing Norwich with some of
Hull, Bourne, Sandiacre and Wooler as they are all Norwich below.
http://www.ringing.info/minor/minor_41.html

Do people prefer a 1456 single for 6ths place methods, providing a plain
lead of the method is rung or no 2nds place plain lead of the method is
rung?
The above extent also works with 1456 single, but you couldn't say the
Sandiacre+1456 single was Wooler as there isn't a plain lead of Wooler.

Andrew Johnson

Unless stated otherwise above:
741598.