[r-t] Out of Course Spliced S Minor

Don Morrison dfm at ringing.org
Fri Sep 12 14:02:17 UTC 2014

On Fri, Sep 12, 2014 at 9:50 AM, Andrew Johnson
<andrew_johnson at uk.ibm.com> wrote:
> I'm slightly surprised no one before tried splicing Norwich with some of
> Hull, Bourne, Sandiacre and Wooler as they are all Norwich below.

I don't know that they were ever published, but I believe
Roger Bailey showed me some half-lead spliced extents that
included Norwich. It's possible he suppressed them, as he
was using them as examples of why he thought half-lead
spliced was a bad idea--seemed like cheating to him
(and, of course, such extents would not fall into
the realm of what Ander was searching for, anyway).

And I may be completely misremembering, as it was a long
time ago, now.

"A general limitation of the human mind is its imperfect ability to
reconstruct past states of knowledge, or beliefs that have changed.
Once you adopt a new view of the world (or of any part of it), you
immediately lose much of your ability to recall what you used to
believe."      -- Daniel Kahneman, _Thinking, Fast and Slow_