[r-t] FCHs

Don Morrison dfm at ringing.org
Fri Apr 24 11:48:06 UTC 2015

On Fri, Apr 24, 2015 at 3:46 AM, Simon Humphrey <sh53246 at gmail.com> wrote:
> Do any other composers on the list use FCOs instead of FCHs?

Yes. It's rather odd, for some reason (histiorical, I suppose) I'll pull the
FCHs out as course heads, but as soon as I start using them I'll immediately
scribble down the corresponding COs and actually do the transposing
in CO-space; and certainly with those familiar FCH groups that crop up all
the time I *think* of in CO terms: even if I'm looking at 46253 it's 56423
I'll be subvocalising.

"Imaginary figures have more depth and truth than real ones."
  -- Fernando Pessoa, quoted by Carmela Ciuraru, _Nom de Plume_