[r-t] Extension

Don Morrison dfm at ringing.org
Wed Apr 29 11:51:20 UTC 2015

On Wed, Apr 29, 2015 at 1:46 AM, Robin Woolley <robin at robinw.org.uk> wrote:
> I'm not sure I want to do this, given the invective I've faced for daring to
> have different opinions to some on this list. I'm not sure that it is 100%
> correct, and there are still bits missing, but I'll ask PN whether I might
> let the list have it.

I do hope the committee gives you its blessing, then. One of the
recurring complaints many have about the committee is it appears to
those on the outside that it acts without transparency. The CC report
does seem to indicate an good faith effort to overcome this
appearance, and releasing this document would seem an excellent
further step in the right direction. The committee does not deal with
any personnel issues or matters of national security, so it is
difficult to see why anything it does should be kept secret.

"Life is a process of becoming, a combination of states we have to
go through. Where people fail is that they wish to elect a state and
remain in it. This is a kind of death."
                 -- Anaïs Nin, _D. H. Lawrence: An Unprofessional Study_