[r-t] extents

Robin Woolley robin at robinw.org.uk
Fri Dec 4 20:25:19 UTC 2015

f.w.i.w., a flowchart for touch generation was published at RW75/33 by
Peter Corlett. I programmed this (in BASIC) and it produced all
bobs-only touches of minor groups G - K and so, by extension, groups L -
O.  And so it lay fallow for some years until Wilf Moreton asked
something about this in the RW. I recall I published replies giving all
half-extents somewhere - up to order of rotation/reversal.

In short, there is a 12-bob 360 of Plain Bob of which
4BPB2BB2BPBB4BBPB3BB is the basic example (4 = PPPP, 3 = PPP, etc.)

Best wishes
Robin

PS this task must have been completed before 25/7/1989 as this is the
earliest prog. mod. I can find. No doubt someone did it before this date!

PPS I have, by request, found that the minimum number of 6-5s @
handstroke in an extent of Cunecastre S6 seems to be 5 using bobs only.
Can anyone find fewer?