[r-t] 2016 Spliced S Major (9m, atw)

Don Morrison dfm at ringing.org
Wed Dec 23 18:56:46 UTC 2015

On Wed, Dec 23, 2015 at 6:15 AM Richard Smith <richard at ex-parrot.com> wrote:
> Does anyone have a good 7-part composition of Spliced Surprise Major
> in nine interesting methods? I imagine there might be some demand
> for one in 2016.

Here's one of the Nottingham eight plus Deva, with, I think, a particularly
simple arrangement of bobs.

http://ringing.org/main/pages/quarters/major/surprise/9m#14481

Or here's a similar one that instead adds Buckfastleigh to the Nottingham
eight, resulting in a set of methods with nine distinct works above the
treble and nine distinct works below.

http://ringing.org/main/pages/quarters/major/surprise/9m#14482

Or, for something more adventurous, perhaps one of the following two:

http://ringing.org/main/pages/quarters/major/surprise/9m#14483

http://ringing.org/main/pages/quarters/major/surprise/9m#14484

"[Anthony] Braxton was hardly ignorant of jazz tradition, but he had a
restless imagination. He did what he liked--and, among other things,
he liked to wind folks up."
           --Will Hermes, _Love Goes to Buildings on Fire_