[r-t] 2016s (was 2016 Spliced S Major (9m, atw))

Don Morrison dfm at ringing.org
Sun Dec 27 15:45:39 UTC 2015

On Wed, Dec 23, 2015 at 1:12 PM Tim Barnes <tjbarnes23 at gmail.com> wrote:
> Incidentally, Andrew Tyler pointed out to me recently that 2016
> could be viewed as the year of the date touch. It's a friendly
> number for Minor, Triples, Major, Caters, Maximus and Sixteen. He's
> written an article about this that he's sent to the RW, It's
> apparently a good few centuries until we next have a similarly
> conducive year.

In that article Andrew notes that some "creativity" may be required for
treble dodging maximus. Has anyone else noticed that this is not true in
the case of Bristol? For example, six Homes is a 2016.

"Armageddon was yesterday--today we have a serious problem."
      -- Stieg Larsson, _Män Som Hatar Kyinnor_, tr Reg Keeland