[r-t] Quarter Peals of Treble Dodging Major

Philip Earis pje24 at cantab.net
Mon Feb 2 10:06:03 UTC 2015

Graham: "I make it a possible 10 too, what are the other ones Philip?"

What I was trying to say (not very well) is that there aren't 10 unique
pairs of rows that give a wrap.  eg from your list:

xxxx12
345621

the first row could be 436521, or 354621 etc...

Anyway leaving that aside, and arguing the meat of Mark's original
assertion, the webpage was talking about handstroke->backstroke runs in
conventional treble-fixed non-jump minor methods. This knocks out some of
the 10 possibilities in your email, eg:

xxxx12
345612 (requires the treble to make 5ths)

456123    546123    465123
456xxx    456xxx    456xxx (treble is in 4th place at handstroke so will be
in 5th place at backstroke, so only one possibility here, etc.