[r-t] Subgroup

Tim Barnes tjbarnes23 at gmail.com
Fri Jan 30 02:42:16 UTC 2015

A week or so ago I suggested forming a subgroup to work on producing a
rules recommendations document to submit to the MC as part of the review of
the Decisions.

The thought was that it will take a smaller group to produce a
suitable document,
and it's probably unfair to subject the full r-t list to the back and forth
that will be required to produce this.

The subgroup is now set up and a number of the people who have been most
involved in the rules debate so far have signed up.

Anyone on r-t is very welcome to join the subgroup, including anyone who
would just like to lurk.  Follow this link to subscribe:

https://groups.google.com/d/forum/rt-rules-subgroup

The intent is not to remove all discussion on rules from r-t, but just to
shield those who subscribe to r-t primarily for composition theory and
innovation from the heavy lifting that will be involved in developing a
rules recommendations document.  The plan is to keep the main r-t list
updated on the progress of the subgroup, and to continue to conduct polls
on the main list when it would be helpful to gauge opinion.

I would expect the subgroup to close down once the document is produced and
submitted.

TJB