[r-t] Results of Poll on the Null Change

Mark Davies mark at snowtiger.net
Sun Jan 11 16:58:31 UTC 2015

PJE writes,

> Call Changes are also surely a form of change ringing.

Well, I was brought up to consider them to be two separate things. The
(simplified) history I learned when I was a youngster went like this. In
the beginning there were call changes; out of these evolved plain
changes; and finally Fabian gave us cross changes, which today we call
change-ringing.

Perhaps we should have a vote on this, to find out how widespread each
definition is?

Is the term change-ringing:

(a) effectively synonymous with method ringing (whatever "method" might
be), or

(b) does it include rounds and call changes?