[r-t] Definitions so far

King, Peter R peter.king at imperial.ac.uk
Sat Jan 17 09:04:00 UTC 2015

I would absolutely agree with this. Define a method as the rows as written out in diagrams (or any other collection). which is why I consider call changes as part of change ringing. To add a process 5 to Ander's list some energetic conductor could call 1 to 2, 4 to 3, 5 to 6; 1 to 4, 3 to 6 etc again I ha seen this done (the first time I ever rang Stedman doubles, without knowing the method, someone, whilst ringing two bells, called out the number of the bell I had to follow). The rows define the method, the process for generating the rows is a shorthand representation that helps recall it or for collections or to describe it to another ringer