[r-t] Definitions so far

Alexander Holroyd holroyd at math.ubc.ca
Sat Jan 17 09:15:28 UTC 2015

Just to be clear, my suggestion is to define a method to be a sequence of
*changes*, not rows.  That way the same method can be started from any
row.

Also I think there is no need for the "as written out" stipluation.
Writing out rows is just one way of specifying a sequence, among many
others.  A sequence is a sequence - there's no need to give special
privilege to a particular way of decscribing it.