[r-t] Methods Committee review of decisions

Iain Anderson iain at 13to8.co.uk
Sat Jan 17 19:12:24 UTC 2015

On 2015-01-17 17:34, Don Morrison wrote:
> Perhaps I've not being paying proper attention, but I've not seen any
> annoucment of this page. It will likely be of interest to many on this
> list. Thank you to Graham John who first brought it to my attention.
>
> http://www.methods.org.uk/review/index.htm

Well, on the plus side, it is a review.  Not sure I would describe it as
fundamental.
My favourite bit is the new name for Meson:
Meson False Differential Little Hybrid Maximus.
Can somebody please explain to me why we need so many classifications,
especially since none of those that apply to Meson are useful for
learning or ringing the method?
What is wrong with having a general classification for miscellaneous
methods so that it could simply be called Meson Maximus as the composer
intended?
IJA