[r-t] Methods Committee review of decisions

Mark Davies mark at snowtiger.net
Sat Jan 17 20:44:59 UTC 2015

Iain Anderson writes,

> Meson False Differential Little Hybrid Maximus.
> Can somebody please explain to me why we need so many classifications,
> especially since none of those that apply to Meson are useful for
> learning or ringing the method?

It is truly horrible, isn't it. Not only does it look ugly, but there is
an insidious consequence: methods in different categories cannot, under
the current CC rules, be extensions of each other; so this excessive
categorisation can have a dramatic effect on the usefulness of method
extension.

Back to Bristol14 Little.