[r-t] Decisions Review and Tony Smith

Don Morrison dfm at ringing.org
Fri Jan 23 14:50:00 UTC 2015

On Fri, Jan 23, 2015 at 9:09 AM, Robert Lewis <editor at ringingworld.co.uk> wrote:
> At 16:18 22/01/2015,  Philip wrote:
>
> Tony Smith has announced his resignation from the Methods Committee from the
> Central Council.
>

> What?
>
> Why, when, how, where and to whom?

I had written to Tony (as he had asked) with comments on the web page
he had posted with what appeared to be the committee's views on the
review of decisions, though perhaps it was only his own views. He had
at first replied saying he'd get back to me after he'd had a chance to
look more carefully at what I'd written. Then on Wednesday he sent me
a one line message saying he'd resigned from the committee and taken
down that page, with no further explanation; I have inferred from that
that he will not be replying to my comments.

My understanding is that Philip Earis received a similar message from
him shortly before I did. It does not seem unlikely that others may have,
as well.

"After all these years I have observed that beauty, like happiness,
is frequent. A day does not pass when we are not, for an instant,
in paradise."
        -- Jorge Luis Borges, _Los Conjurados_, tr Willis Barnstone