[r-t] Compositions of the Decade: Part 8 - Cinques

Jack Gunning jack.gunning at mac.com
Tue Jun 23 22:49:12 UTC 2015

Thanks for the helpful and interesting comments on my composition. It's great to have the input of thought provoking people.

It seems that this may come as a surprise to some, but I did choose backstrokes as a back bell position on purpose - I like them.  (Although I understand the preferences of others in favour of differing positions.)

I've put below another version I considered calling last week replacing 87 tit-tums which is not a favourite of mine, except for the E0 NM available. (Although it is a back bell position which can and did produce good ringing - I shied away from the below as I considered it too unconventional for the occasion.)

I have a general idea for another composition linking together various LB courses. I want to construct it using a matrix and I hope to share the matrix with the list in the next few weeks.

I also want to include all the NMs - has anyone identified all of the NM course ends? I know I could do this myself but I imagine that someone has done it already and would really appreciate it if I could be saved to effort.

I typed this on my 'phone in the train, apologies if any of it is incoherent.

Regards,

Jack

5007 S11 v1.3
2314567890E
23146578E90 s1 2 s4 5 s7 8 9 10 11 (20 sixes)
43216578E90 s9 s16 18 |
31426578E90 s16 18 |
25416378E90 7 s9 s16 s18 | |
51462378E90 s14 s16 s18 | | Q"