[r-t] Doubles 240s

Robin Woolley robin at robinw.org.uk
Sun Mar 15 06:33:25 UTC 2015

Hi All,

Just as I was drifting off to sleep last night, I remembered that Don
had proposed allowing to null change to enable 240s of Doubles with each
row at hand and back.

This is unnecessary. Some years ago, I produced 240s with this property,
but using conventional bobs and 123-singles. This was to enable certain
asymmetric doubles methods to be rung and named. (Not all - some yield
conventional extents.)

Group A (Plain)/B(RC) produced these (amongst others):
PBPBPSPS/**/x 3
PBPBPSPBPSPS x 2

The groups with plain-hunt as the lead end were even more efficient:
PPBBPPBBPPBP x 2
This is, of course, the standard extent with an omit at the end.

Best wishes
Robin