[r-t] Doubles 240s

Don Morrison dfm at ringing.org
Sun Mar 15 15:23:09 UTC 2015

On Sun, Mar 15, 2015 at 11:00 AM, Robin Woolley <robin at robinw.org.uk> wrote:
> John said: "I don't recall him saying it was necessary"
>
> I didn't say he did.

I think John can be readily forgiven for having read what you did
write as implying that, however: "I remembered that Don had proposed
allowing to [sic] null change to enable 240s of Doubles with each row
at hand and back. This is unnecessary."

And, for what little it's worth, the ordinary ringers with whom I ring
do find 12345 singles easier than 123 singles, as to them, at least,
they feel just like the singles they are familiar with from Bob Minor.

"A man is as old as his arteries, and as young as his ideas."
             -- Will Durant, _Fallen Leaves_