[r-t] Doubles 240s

Don Morrison dfm at ringing.org
Tue Mar 17 18:33:02 UTC 2015

On Tue, Mar 17, 2015 at 10:37 AM, Alexander Holroyd <holroyd at math.ubc.ca> wrote:
> ...others feel differently in this regard. I wish I understood why...

I wonder if perhaps it might be somehow related to differences in
negativity bias?

(See, for example, http://tinyurl.com/mz2q7ya and
http://tinyurl.com/qhfljg4. But *please* don't read into this any
assertion on my part that it has to do with politics, or that I am
making any statement about anyone's political beliefs, neither of
which I am doing.)

"One of the unpardonable sins, in the eyes of most people, is for a
man to go about unlabeled. The world regards such a person as the
police do an unmuzzled dog, not under proper control."
    -- T H Huxley, _Evoluton and Ethics_