[r-t] Doubles 240s

King, Peter R peter.king at imperial.ac.uk
Tue Mar 17 19:23:15 UTC 2015

But isn't the whole point to agree on a terminology to DESCRIBE things. In which case it seems rather futile to deny the existence of the "null"change. It's like denying the existence of zero or complex numbers or all sorts of other things.

As far as I am concerned if people wish to make use of null changes in ways that seem fit to them then that is entirely up to them and not me.

There is a separate issue about defining what is meant by a peal and whether they can include null changes. This is more complicated but at the two extreme's there seems to be Don's use for forming 240s of doubles, which seems fine to me. Or the other extreme would be a whole "peal" of rounds. since this doesn't satisfy the requirement of >5000 distinct changes (or suitably formed roundblocks) I don't see how this can be considered as a peal.