[r-t] Doubles 240s

Robert Bennett rbennett at woosh.co.nz
Tue Mar 17 21:30:04 UTC 2015

In future, there may be a whole section in the "NON-Ringing NON-World"

Non-Peals:
Non-Association
On 30th February 2015, the following (non)ringers did not ring a peal
of 5000 Non-Changes at the non-church of NSt. Non-canonicus, Erewhon
in 3hrs 1m:
Treble, A. Blank;
2,         A. N. Other;
3,         A. Void;
4,         A. Null Change;
Tenor,  A. Nonchangeringer.
Silent and non-conducted.
================================

One point about ringing the null change:
In the past, peals or touches were described as so many changes, not
as so many rows.
With this touch of doubles, it would seem to be 240 rows and 239
changes.

On the subject of Spliced Grandsire and Plain Bob Doubles,
conventional 120s  exist.
One set of leads is:
Plain Bob 2345, 2354,3425,3452,4235,4253.
Grandsire 5324,5432,5243;  5342,5234,5423.

These can be joined with 2 pairs of singles on 1-2 when the treble is
in 4-5.