[r-t] Hoaxes

Andrew Graham ajgraham42 at yahoo.com
Fri Mar 20 09:04:44 UTC 2015

________________________________
>From: Philip Earis pje24 at cantab.net
>
>For what it's worth, I feel Robin is correct on the narrow specific case
>here but in doing so betrays a mindset which I find hard to support.
>
>Yes, it would indeed be hard to prove that a claimed handbell peal by one
>ringer actually happened.

I've always been a bit confused as to why handbell peals of Minimus are banned just to stop one person ringing a peal on their own.  If that was the intention of the rule, why was it not just stated that a peal had to be rung by more than one person rather than banning wholesale a whole type of performance?

AJG