[r-t] Doubles 240s

John Fisher ghoti at mad.scientist.com
Fri Mar 20 17:53:15 UTC 2015

Barrie Hendry:
> > The rules for the 6 bell striking competition in the Bath and wells
> > describe the call change teams as ringing 120 changes

John Harrison:
> I am pretty sure that those who wrote the
> rules were...using 'change' as a synonym for row.  This usage is
widespread

In that light, are we sure that that 'change ringing' doesn't really mean
'row ringing' (as opposed to 'tune ringing' or 'random clashing about')?  If
we called ourselves row ringers, would that have any effect on how we felt
about whether or not the order of the bells varied between one change and
the next?

JR1F