[r-t] Bobs only Erin Triples (was: Composition search)

Alexander Holroyd holroyd at math.ubc.ca
Sat Nov 28 20:11:24 UTC 2015

Hi Richard,

This sounds very exciting - I have meaning to do something along these
lines for years, but have not got around to it.

But I'm a bit confused by your assertion that none of these searches even
produced a set of mutually true blocks.  There are a bunch of sets of
mutually true blocks for various part end groups.  For example,
composition number 5 (by PABS) in PABS's Collection
(http://www.ringing.info/stedman.pdf) is based on a single bobs-only
10-part block, and about 20 years ago I came up with several sets of
7-part block sets in which the extent is divided into an _odd_ number of
bobs-only blocks - not joinable, alas).

Ander