[r-t] Bobs only Erin Triples (was: Composition search)

Don Morrison dfm at ringing.org
Sun Nov 29 03:30:41 UTC 2015

On Sat, Nov 28, 2015 at 2:53 AM Richard Smith <richard at ex-parrot.com> wrote:
> If a multi-part bobs-only extent of Erin exists, then the number of
> parts must be one of 168, 60, 24, 21, 20, 12, 10, 8, 7, 6, 5, 4, 3,
> 2 or 1.

I'm having trouble getting my head around what the part heads of a six
part, bobs only extent of Erin might be; the only ones I can imagine would
have a 3-cycle in them. What am I missing?

"Natural selection designs different kinds of animals and plants so
that they avoid competition. A fit animal is not one that fights well,
but one that avoids fighting altogether."
               -- Paul A. Colinvaux, _Why Big Fierce Animals are Rare_