[r-t] Bobs only Erin Triples (was: Composition search)

Robert Bennett rbennett at woosh.co.nz
Sun Nov 29 11:45:29 UTC 2015

1234567
2143756
1234675
2143567
1234756
2143675
1234567

6 part ends.
====================

A regular 12-part is  a bit harder...

----- Original Message -----
From: ringing-theory at bellringers.net
To:<ringing-theory at bellringers.net>
Sent:Sun, 29 Nov 2015 03:30:41 +0000
Subject:Re: [r-t] Bobs only Erin Triples (was: Composition search)

On Sat, Nov 28, 2015 at 2:53 AM Richard Smith <richard at ex-parrot.com
[1]> wrote:
> If a multi-part bobs-only extent of Erin exists, then the number of
> parts must be one of 168, 60, 24, 21, 20, 12, 10, 8, 7, 6, 5, 4, 3,
> 2 or 1.

I'm having trouble getting my head around what the part heads of a six
part, bobs only extent of Erin might be; the only ones I can imagine
would have a 3-cycle in them. What am I missing?

--
Don Morrison <dfm at ringing.org [2]>
"Natural selection designs different kinds of animals and plants so

Links:
------
[1] mailto:richard at ex-parrot.com
[2] mailto:dfm at ringing.org