[r-t] A date to pencil into your calendar

Chris02 chris02 at shropshirelad.plus.com
Wed Sep 2 10:47:05 UTC 2015

Tim Barnes wrote:
> ... over the past six months we've worked through about 20 iterations of a proposal document ...  The latest version of the proposal document is attached.

Tim - I am very impressed with the progress made, the last time I saw stuff on this list it seemed to me that it was bogged down with little chance of progress.

Is my understanding correct that whole pull Plain Bob Doubles or Minor could be rung in a peal? It would use the identity change and a standard calling would produce a double extent. If so, I assume it would be called Plain Place Doubles / Minor.

Also, is it intended to redo the bit on extension? Section O seems a bit of a minefield. I know the current rules on extension are not understood by most ringers, but they do provide a definitive way of handling extensions that produces good results 95% of the time. I think section O would lead to long drawn out debates at the CC meeting about whether an extension really "best captures the key features" of the base method.

Anyway, well done. I particularly like the clarity, the recognition of quarter peals, and the allowing of simulators.

Chris Adams

-----
No virus found in this message.