[r-t] Handstroke-home Cyclic Maximus

Mark Davies mark at snowtiger.net
Thu Aug 18 13:53:13 UTC 2016

Ian Fielding writes,

> Why not employ 2 different link methods to switch between the parts to
 > enable ringing alternate parts of pipes forward and backwards?
> This maintains the music of the DJP original with the feature Mark is
 > trying to achieve.

But one of the features I am trying to achieve is the use of Grandsire!!
Also my arrangements do have higher music counts than Pipe's "Classic",
measured by 5-runs.

That's not to say that I think I can displace Pipe's peal - it is
rightly called a classic, and has attractive features which will
undoubtedly keep it at the top of the spliced cyclic Maximus tree for
years to come. But it's nice to have something a bit different.

MBD

---