[r-t] Handstroke-home Cyclic Maximus

Alan Reading alan.reading at googlemail.com
Fri Aug 19 17:06:44 UTC 2016

I've had a play around with this using half lead splicing with Kent to get
the shunt (in this case with Avon). Using this idea I've found a structure
which allows all 11-parts to be rung in full (alternating between
handstroke and backstroke parts) and with the 2nd/tenor of the parts
alternating pivots throughout.
2nds place methods with even pivots are used in the handstroke parts and
12ths place methods with odd pivots are used in the backstroke parts (as in
Pipe's). In so far as possible I've stuck to the cyclic 6 methods for the
backstroke parts but with two modifications to avoid falseness.
Phobos is adjusted slightly (to allow Avon to be rung - a worthwhile
sacrifice in my opinion) and Maypole is replaced with Glazgow Little to
avoid repeating half leads (like in Pipe's 12-part).
The methods used in the handstroke parts are all designed for the purpose
(based on various things I've used previously in a different composition).
I've knocked this together fairly quickly so I'm sure there is plenty of
scope for tweaking here - as much as anything it was proof of concept for
the structure that I was after.
Anyway thought I'd throw this into the debate! Comments welcome.

Rgds,
Alan

5111 Spliced Maximus

 -------------------
 |3547698E02T Kent TB/Avon D
 |23ET9078564 Deimos A
 |3T20E896745 L-group S
 |E2937T50486 Glazgow Little S
 |T03826E4957 Ariel S
B|9E72534T608 Zanussi S
 |08T63425E79 Zanussi S
 |795E42638T0 Ariel S
 |8604T53729E Glazgow Little S
 |57496E8203T L-group S
 |648507T93E2 Deimos A
  4567890ET23

Call ABABABABABA, round at handstroke one row before the end of the final A.

Methods:
A-group S (extension of Straker's Passage S Major):
36x56.4.5x2.3.4x4.5.4x4.5.4x4.5.4x4.5.lh.2
E-group S:
x3x4x2x36.4x34.58.9.6x7.6x8.9x38.0.3.lh.2
C-group A:
3x5.4x5x36.27.58.6.7.8x8.9.8x8.9.lh.2
D1-group A:
x3x1x56x6x3.6.5.6.5.6.5.lh.2