[r-t] Long lengths of minor

Philip Earis pje24 at cantab.net
Tue Dec 20 21:38:24 UTC 2016

Ben Waller: “Because this performance was in 1816, there is potential that
some of the names are indeed muddled...”

Many thanks Ben – very interesting.

“...I had a look in Campanalogia Improved of 1702, and found another
'Evening Delight' (&x34x4x3x3x1x34, 4). Interestingly it is still different
from the other methods in the peal, being a treble place method. It does
also appear in Annable's Notebook and Monk's edition of Campanalogia of
1766. However, it is rather false, and again a true extent is not possible
with the usual calls - I suspect in this case this wasn't realised at the
time”

Have you found a true extent for this with exotic calls?

I'd also be a bit surprised that the band would ring 15 extents of which 14
were treble dodging and one treble-place. Here's to hoping some other
conventional treble-dodging method was locally known as "Evening Delight".