[r-t] Ashford/Un-Saiph (was [rt-rules-subgroup] Re: Extension [was Differential [was Version 5.4 - norms]])

Don Morrison dfm at ringing.org
Thu Dec 22 02:58:07 UTC 2016

On Wed, Dec 21, 2016 at 6:14 PM, Mark Davies <mark at snowtiger.net> wrote:

> Correct, except the "wisdom" is not the Central Council but Peter Bevis
> and Tony Smith.

​I think it's a little unfair to blame Peter Bevis: even if his band had
tried to name it Ashford the Methods Committee, assuming it stuck to past
practice, would have made them change the name, since as far as the
committee/Council are concerned an extension of Ashford to even stages
would have to be twin hunt. Maybe you can get that changed from the inside,
now?​

"After all these years I have observed that beauty, like happiness,
is frequent. A day does not pass when we are not, for an instant,
in paradise."
        -- Jorge Luis Borges, _Los Conjurados_, tr Willis Barnstone