[r-t] Unclassified

Robin Woolley robin at robinw.org.uk
Fri Jun 3 13:00:02 UTC 2016

PS

I had the idea originally from Cricket.

(North Americans can stop here).

About 1970, experimental versions of the Leg Before Wicket and No-Ball
Laws were tried in England. (I remember the 1972 Aussies had dreadful
trouble with no-balls). In time these two became the substantive
world-wide Laws. This idea could have been adapted to Variable Cover -
and even Uncovered Odd Bells a decade before - but it seems that the
powers that be then wanted full Decision Change for something, as RAS
mentions, was, in my view, never likely to become main stream or even
fifth-division stream!

REHW