[r-t] Tenors together spliced maximus

Don Morrison dfm at ringing.org
Wed Jun 1 21:11:56 UTC 2016

​> I guess my thought was, if you’re going to ring tenors together atw,
> then the methods would have to be good in the plain course (meet
> previously set out criteria) for the composition to be good
> throughout.

I don't think this is necessarily true.

If I remember correctly, MBD has deliberately designed methods that work
better from a snap start than in their plain course. And in major it is
well known that the best course (for runs) for Superlative is co 65432, not
53246. So while in many methods the quality (if measured on the spectrum of
runs) of a peal composition is correlated with the quality of the plain
course, that is almost certainly not necessarily true for all methods.

"I’m going wherever they value loyalty the most."
    -- Dwight Schrute, _The Office_