[r-t] Blocks becoming methods

Graham John graham at changeringing.co.uk
Fri Jun 3 01:17:57 UTC 2016

On 2 June 2016 at 22:41, Don Morrison <dfm at ringing.org> wrote:

> Any update on the doubles methods that in the early 60s were given names
> and accepted by the Council, but a little while later disavowed as having
> places that were longer than the powers that be then decided they liked?
> Can they all come back with the names they were originally given?

A collection of disallowed Doubles methods by Melvyn Hiller was published
via a link on facebook. I don't know whether this is all of them or not,
but as the methods are all shown in grid format, I have offered to add them
to Composition Library if someone can provide me with a list of their place
notations. That would at least mean than there is a reference point people
can use in the mean time. No one has come forward yet.

Graham