[r-t] Composition Library

Graham John graham at changeringing.co.uk
Sun May 22 14:10:11 UTC 2016

For those who haven't already seen it, you can now use the beta version of
Composition Library at https://complib.org.

A key USP is the ability to check all compositions on the site against a
specified rung or new method and show them ranked by musical score.
However, it is not just a site for conductors and composers, but also has
all published methods (CCCBR, Provisional, Blocks), with excellent search
capability (e.g. show me all the methods that are Bristol Surprise Major
above), links to significant performances on BellBoard, and configurable
blue line display. You can also add your own private method(s) to confirm
that it hasn't been rung before, ascertain the correct title for it, and
don't like) a method or composition you can star rate it and see the impact
on it's weighted score.

There are already around 200 users, and some are actively adding
compositions (1630 published to date). I intend it eventually to hold all
published compositions, incorporating those currently online and in paper
collections, and in due course will be asking for volunteers to help with
this exercise.

Graham