[r-t] ?CCBR meeting - Methcom proposals

Giles Blundell grblundell at googlemail.com
Fri May 27 06:26:05 UTC 2016

> From: Don Morrison
>
> On Thu, May 26, 2016 at 9:35 AM, Giles Blundell <grblundell at googlemail.com
>
> wrote:
> > In case it hasn't been mentioned here, a background paper has been
> > issued for motions G and H (the Methods Committee proposals).

> Thanks for forwarding this. How did you become aware of it? I'd have
> expected the Methods Committee to have announced it somewhere.

- CCCBR members were told about this yesterday morning. It then took me
maybe half a day to come up with the idea that it might be good to pass it
on. I see that the document is now linked from the CCCBR news feed (albeit
rather cryptically - I'm not sure that you would find it unless you were
looking for it).

Whether one wants to apply Occam's razor or Murphy's law, I think the
explanation for the late release (and communication) of Peter Niblet's note
is cock-up rather than conspiracy. The meta-data, according to Don,
suggests that the document was only finalised yesterday. My guess is that
that is true. I don't know, but my guess is that Peter is busy: this
shouldn't have got pushed to the back of the queue, but it did.

Cheers

Giles apologies