[r-t] ?CCBR meeting - Methcom proposals
mark at snowtiger.net
Mon May 30 19:28:18 UTC 2016
OK I have now been elected to the methods committee. The meeting did
pass motions G and H, really without anything in the way of dissent.
That means, roughly,
1. A 5100 of Doubles (for example) is a peal.
2. Places longer than 4 blows can be in methods on stages higher than
Minimus (Erin Major anyone?).
3. New methods can be named by ringing a quarter-peal (Triples and
higher stages affected).
4. Calls can extend the length of a lead.
5. Handbell peals of minimus are all good.
Clearly there is more to do, but I reckon this is a good start. I need
to find out exactly what happens to "blocks" which now become accepted
as methods under point (2). I think the idea was to retain "Block" in
the method name. What are everyone's thoughts here?
This email has been checked for viruses by Avast antivirus software.
More information about the ringing-theory