[r-t] ?CCBR meeting - Methcom proposals

David Richards dadeece at gmail.com
Tue May 31 12:30:39 UTC 2016

On 31 May 2016 at 12:03, Don Morrison <dfm at ringing.org> wrote:

> ​On Mon, May 30, 2016 at 3:28 PM, Mark Davies <mark at snowtiger.net> wrote:
> > OK I have now been elected to the methods committee
>
> ​​Who else was elected to the committee? As I understand it Fred Bone,
> David Richards and Leigh Simpson continued on the committee, but three
> people needed to be elected to it, so there should be two more.

The nomination and election can be seen at:
https://youtu.be/BJGDKGTRjmE?t=3h15m44s

The short answer is Peter Niblett and Robin Woolley continue. Mark Davies
and David Grimwood were additionally elected, representing an increase in
the committee size.

> Was anyone nominated but not elected?

No.

> Who is now the chairman? As I recall, the usual procedure at council
> meetings is to quickly gather at a tea break sometime after all the members
> are elected so the committee members can elect their chairman. Though
> perhaps that has changed now that committees are not elected all at one go?

I don't believe that happens much any more.
My expectation is that Peter Niblett will continue as chairman.

All the best,
Dave.