[r-t] CCCBR meeting

Don Morrison dfm at ringing.org
Tue May 31 16:02:07 UTC 2016

​On Tue, May 31, 2016 at 10:57 AM, Don Morrison <dfm at ringing.org> wrote:
> It may be worth noting that there has been talk about pulling the
> method collections out of proprietary-land for over a year, with the
> claim that this is a top priority, and, as near as I can tell,
> absolutely nothing has happened to make that a reality.

Mea culpa this is not quite accurate. While last year's ICT committee
report did indeed address this issue, my faulty recollection of it being a
high priority appears to have been simply wishful thinking, as I can find
no reference to it being a high priority. Probably something related to
confirmation bias when consulting my own, poor memories. I'm sorry about
that.
​​
On balance, though, the basic problem remains: it was in the plans for 2016
and, as near as I can tell, nothing has happened, and, in fact, it seems to
have been dropped entirely from this year's ICT committee report.

"Bureaucracy is the epoxy that greases the wheels of
progress."    -- James H. Boren,  _When in Doubt, Mumble_