[r-t] Plain Bob Major (S D Pettman)

Matt Dawson m.d.dawson.29 at gmail.com
Fri Sep 2 14:08:33 UTC 2016

On 2 September 2016 at 14:50, Alan Reading <alan.reading at googlemail.com> wrote:
> The basic idea is simply enough (it's effectively spliced Reverse Bob and
> Crayford turned upside down) - but allows for a lot of music to be packed in
> by missing out chunks of the course without music.

Stephen also called a composition of Bob Royal in July with the same
device, to get 144 CRUs amongst other things.

I had a go at a composition of Bob Caters along these lines; it's a
bit more messy in that a bell has to lead for four blows (and the
dodges are in 2-3 and 4-5) but I did get all 384 5-bell runs not
involving the treble into a peal length, which isn't exactly trivial
in some commonly rung methods.

matt