[r-t] Consultation

Roddy Horton roddy at horton.karoo.co.uk
Sat Apr 8 10:14:20 UTC 2017

It seems more of a public reply to me!

RW- Someone has to do it!

It would be better if the MC tackled the tasks they have been given by CCCBR rather than stray into non method matters.

Sadly I do not still have the extensions that I submitted at the time otherwise I would gladly have shared them.

I do not accept Robin's points at all. I am saying that Place Notation is a very efficient description of a method but should not necessarily be confused with the method itself.

If a ringer learns, say, Cambridge S Major as dodge2, miss 2, dodge2, places and are told that Royal is dodge 3 instead of 2 they would accept that as an extension of the method and place notation does not come in to it.

If it becomes subjective, what is the matter with that? It cannot be any worse than the current rules whose only purpose seems to be to confuse most ringers and keep a committee in a job.

Roddy