[r-t] Consultation

Robin Woolley robin at robinw.org.uk
Sat Apr 8 15:17:25 UTC 2017

Hi All,

Roddy makes a good point about rules methods, but gives a bad example
which just goes to make the point clearer.

We know that there is a rule for Yorkshire, but it's not so easy as the
Cambridge rule for 12, 14,.. Think also about DNCBM. 'Full, far, treble
near' but in the 'correct' this breaks down quickly. The 'correct'
extension at stage 10 is differential whilst, at 12, the rule has alread
borken down - there is no 'treble' for instance.

I had a *quick* look in Method 300. Albanian doesn't seem to have a
simple rule, but Prittlewell and Pudsey do. Not all methods have rules.
Are we saying that these should not be extended?

Best wishes
Robin