[r-t] Blocks to be renamed as methods

Rebecca Cox r.j.cox at blueyonder.co.uk
Tue Apr 18 10:09:09 UTC 2017

Can anyone explain to me how a `method' or `block' can contain the place
notation xx when x is already recognised as a lead of Cross Differential
and so xx is a plain course of Cross Differential and thus a method in
its own right. The so-called `Pudsey Block/Delight Minor' is simply
spliced Cross Differential and Morland Alliance and the other minor
blocks already are simply splices/mixes of unrung alliance methods
&-36-14-16-12-56,12 and &-36-14-16-14-16,12 with Cross Differential. The
idea that a `method' can contain complete plain courses of another
method embedded in it seems completely wrong to me.

Tony Cox

PS I sent this query to the methods committee in March 2015 but got no
reply.

---