[r-t] Blocks to be renamed as methods

Graham John graham at changeringing.co.uk
Thu Apr 20 08:21:33 UTC 2017

On 20 April 2017 at 03:16, Don Morrison <dfm at ringing.org> wrote:

> Where, please, do I find the definitions of Bottom Block
> Maximus (soon to be Bottom Differential Maximus) and
> Duke of Ockley Block Minor (soon to be Duke of Ockley
> Treble Bob Minor)? Neither seems to appear in the committee's
> list of non-method blocks, the oddly named* file.

Duke of Ockley Block Minor <https://complib.org/method/31034> was rung in a
quarter. Non-method blocks can only be named in peals [(I) B.2].
Bottom Block Maximus <https://complib.org/method/28502> was in the first
quark peal that lead to the non-method block decision, so couldn't be named
at the time it was rung.

I added these to the list for completeness, as both would have been added
to the libraries if the decisions had been modified at the time they were
rung.

Graham