[r-t] Blocks to be renamed as methods

Don Morrison dfm at ringing.org
Thu Apr 20 14:41:40 UTC 2017

On Wed, Apr 19, 2017 at 7:55 PM, Mark Davies <mark at snowtiger.net> wrote:
> Yes. We did consider trying to introduce single-lead methods

One more thing. I've asked this before, but don't think I ever got an
answer.

Why do we believe that one-lead methods are proscribed today? The only
language that I can find in the decisions that even comes close to this
issue is "divisible into equal parts which are called leads" -- but one
part is clearly equal to itself, so I don't think this precludes a one-lead
method.

Is there something in the decisions I've overlooked?

"Medieval man thought that truth had been revealed to him, so that he
was spared from its wild pursuit; the reckless energy that we give to
seeking it was turned in those days to the creation of beauty."
                -- Will Durant, _The Age of Faith_