[r-t] Blocks to be renamed as methods

Alan Reading alan.reading at googlemail.com
Thu Apr 20 15:01:41 UTC 2017

DFM wrote:

Why do we believe that one-lead methods are proscribed today? The only
language that I can find in the decisions that even comes close to this
issue is "divisible into equal parts which are called leads" -- but one
part is clearly equal to itself, so I don't think this precludes a one-lead
method.

I vaguely recall this coming up before. I think (although I could be wrong)
that it was decided the use of the plural for "parts" was enough to imply
it had to be more than one. Although I agree with you that that it is far
from clear that that is the intended meaning.
I supposed there used to be the rule that a method had to have more working
bells than hunt bells (which of course ruled out all single lead methods a
stroke) but when that got deleted the precise wording of "divisible into
equal parts which are called leads" became rather more important and
perhaps was overlooked slightly?

Rgds,
Alan