[r-t] Pitman's 13440 change compositions

Alan Reading alan.reading at googlemail.com
Wed Aug 9 15:48:03 UTC 2017

Don -  That is, while these compositions use all the tenors together lead
heads and ends, they are more profligate in their use of rows interior to
the various leads.

Yes I think that is exactly right. It's not to say that Philip's suggestion
of finding a set of 3 courses (presumably with the 7th in 3rds, 5ths, and
7ths relative to the tenor) that have all possible positions of
(1,7,8,parity) isn't achievable but I think it would be very much harder
because there isn't any wiggle room like in the tenors together examples.